Bria Android Edition is a highly secure, standards-based mobile VoIP softphone that works over both 3G and Wi-Fi networks.
Using the device’s existing contact list, Bria Android Edition facilitates easy and effective communication management with an intuitive interface. Deskphone-class calling functionality includes the ability to swap between two calls, merge calls and perform attended and unattended transfers.
Bria Android Edition incorporates advanced security settings which allow for secure call signaling. It also contains enhanced audio features including G.711, G.722, GSM, iLBC and SILK.
Bria Android Edition works seamlessly with other CounterPath desktop and convergence solutions, as well as with enterprise and carrier infrastructure equipment from major vendors such as Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, BroadSoft, Metaswitch, Avaya, Cisco and NEC. Bria Android Edition also supports Asterisk-based telephony systems.
Want more than just voice calling?
Bria Android Edition includes premium feature add-ons such as Video Calls, Presence and Messaging and advanced audio codecs. These features can be purchased within the application under the Premium Features Settings tab to enhance your communications experience.
Bria Android Edition is available for the majority of mobile devices that support the Android software stack.
AMR-WB audio codec add-on is now available through in-app purchase for $8.99 USD
Enjoy superior sound quality and improved speech clarity and intelligibility with the Adaptive Multi-Rate Wideband (AMR-WB) audio codec. This codec provides consistent quality, built-in efficient packet loss concealment, and works well in background noise conditions, whether in the car, in the office or on the street.
- Highly secure, SIP-based softphone with exceptional voice quality
- Purchase in-app Premium Features like Video Calls, Presence and Messaging or audio codecs to enhance your mobile softphone experience
- Pre-defined VoIP Providers list available when adding new accounts on the Accounts screen
- Multi-tasking support for background operation, such as fielding incoming calls while using other applications
- Available in the following languages: English, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Spanish.
- Winner of the 2011 Product of the Year Award from Communications Solutions
- Winner of the 2011 Product of the Year Award from INTERNET TELEPHONY Magazine
- Multiple account support for up to 12 accounts on any SIP-compliant server
- Contact List leveraging the device’s native contact directory
- Call display and voicemail indicator
- Speakerphone, mute and hold functions
- Call history with a list of received, missed and dialed calls
- Ringtones and contact avatars
- Dial plan support
- Multiple call support – swap between two active calls, merge and split calls, transfer calls (attended and unattended)
- Audio codecs include G.711 a/u, G.722 (HD), iLBC, GSM and SILK
- Automatic codec selection to ensure optimal call quality
- Support for DTMF: the ability to enter numbers to use an auto attendant via RFC 2833, SIP INFO and in-band
- VPN support
- NAT traversal
- Application managed, server managed or user specified
- Global IP support
- STUN and ICE
- Media efficiency and quality
- Noise Reduction
- Echo cancellation
- VAD (Voice Activation Detection)
- QoS (Quality of Service)
- ToS Marking
- Security and encryption
- TLS and SRTP (secure call signaling and audio encryption)
- Logging support for trouble shooting
- DNS SRV record lookups
- Call quality statistics
- VPN Support
The following accessories are supported:
- Headset with microphone: Bria uses the ear-piece and microphone on the headset.
- Headphones (no microphone): Bria uses the ear-piece on the headphone and the built-in microphone on the phone.
- Bluetooth™ support: dependent on Android device and operating system.
Bria Android includes features specifically designed for business and enterprise users, including:
- Optional customized branding for graphic assets and SIP settings
- Additional security settings
Bria Android Edition includes the following premium features, available through in-app purchase. Simply go to the Premium Features button under the Settings tab to access and learn more about these features.
Video Calls Features
- Uses the forward or rear-facing camera on your device to make video calls
- Picture-in-picture view lets you see how you look to the person you’re calling
- H.264 and VP8 codec support
- Support for two quality settings: Lower (QCIF – 176 pixels by 144 lines) and Higher (CIF – 352 pixels x 288 lines)
Messaging and Presence Features
- Send and receive messages in real-time and see when contacts are available
- Connect with contacts on any SIP-compliant or chat platforms including Google Talk and Facebook
- Enable your enterprise IP PBX account to send and receive IMs with colleagues
- For XMPP and SIP SIMPLE protocols, including SMS (SIP SIMPLE/SMS usability subject to VoIP provider support)
G.729 Audio Codec Features
- Low bandwidth audio codec
- Provides excellent audio quality
- Ideal for connections with limited bandwidth, such as 3G
- Reduces the amount of data used during a call
AMR-WB Audio Codec Features
- Wide bandwidth audio codec
- Provides superior sound quality due to a wider speech bandwidth
- Improves speech clarity and intelligibility
Please review the following Service and System Requirements prior to purchasing Bria Android Edition.
You must have a SIP-based VoIP service provider or SIP-based server (e.g. IP Centrex or IP PBX) in order to use Bria Android Edition. Please contact your service provider or your internal IT support for more information.
To use Bria Android Edition to make calls over 3G you will also need a data plan with a Mobile Network Service Provider. Please contact your Mobile Network Service Provider to subscribe.
|Operating System||Android V2.3.3 or later|
HTC Evo™ 4G
HTC Desire Z™
HTC One V™
Droid Incredible by HTC
Samsung Epic™ 4G Android Smartphone (SPH-D700)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus™
Samsung Galaxy S i9000
Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate™ 3G+ (SCH-i500)
Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant™ (GT-i9000)
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate™ (SGH-i896)
Samsung Galaxy S2™
Samsung Galaxy S III™
Samsung Galaxy Note
DROID by Motorola
DROID 2 by Motorola
DROID X by Motorola
Motorola Droid Bionic™
Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX™
Motorola XPRT™ MB612
Sony Ericsson XPERIA™ X10
- Bria Android Edition may operate well on other non-supported devices
- Bria Android Edition has a setting to enable/disable support for Bluetooth headsets. Note that there are many known issues native to the Android OS with 3rd party applications such as Bria.
Because some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the use of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) functionality over their network, such as the use of VoIP telephony over a cellular network, and may also impose additional fees, or other charges in connection with VoIP, you agree to learn and abide by your cellular carrier's network restrictions. CounterPath Corporation will not be held liable for any charges, fees or liability imposed by your carrier for use of VoIP over Wi-Fi/3G.
Bria Android Edition
Regular price: $7.99 USD
Available In-App Purchases:
Video Calls: $2.99 USD
Presence and Messaging: $2.99 USD
G.729 Audio Codec: $8.99 USD
AMR-WB Audio Codec: $8.99 USD
* Note: To locate the in-app purchases, go to More > Premium Features within your Bria Android Edition app.
Please note that you have 15 minutes from the time of download to return an application through Google Play for a full refund. Once the 15 minutes have elapsed, there are no refunds available through CounterPath for apps purchased on Google Play.