Vancouver, BC, Canada — July 28, 2014CounterPath Corporation (OTCBB: CPAH) (TSXV: CCV), an award-winning provider of desktop and mobile Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) software solutions, today announced a new release of its Bria multimedia softphone will be available later this month. The Bria 3.2 update for Mac and Windows adds support for multiple Instant Message and Presence accounts and the introduction of a Ribbon for Microsoft Outlook® 2010, among other features.
“Bria 3.2 lays the foundation of our Social Networking strategy,” said Todd Carothers, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Products, CounterPath. “The way users leverage the Internet for communicating with friends, family and colleagues is changing. Our personal and work lives are blurring and with the addition of Social Networking we see a significant change in how users want to communicate.”
“With the active Social Networking user base reaching 1 billion, CounterPath is forging the next generation of softphone technology to map to this significant market shift—across desktops, mobiles and the web,” he added. “We will continue to drive end-to-end voice, video and messaging innovation in this area in the future, specifically focusing on the combination of Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter with other location-based technologies to create a new user experience. Bria 3.2 is just the start.”
As reported by Network World, 70 percent of companies are increasing their deployment of softphones. CounterPath’s Bria is uniquely positioned to take advantage of this uplift in Softphone usage.
Bria is a highly secure, standards-based, multi-platform softphone that enables voice and high-definition video calls, making it ideal for enterprises, government agencies and other organizations that want to replace their desk phones or add unified communications functionality to their existing IP phone platform.
Bria integrates seamlessly with a wide variety of enterprise and carrier infrastructure equipment from major vendors, including Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, BroadSoft, Cisco Systems, Genband, Metaswitch Networks, NEC and Nokia Siemens Networks, enabling fast, cost-effective implementations. Bria also supports Asterisk-based telephony systems.
The array of capabilities in Bria 3.2 includes:
- Multiple Account Integration. Bria users can pull in and communicate with contacts from different sources and accounts, including local and company directories, Microsoft Outlook, XMPP, XCAP and WebDav servers. Contacts can be merged into a single view with all of their information from different sources in one place.
- Enhanced Contact Management and Display. The latest updates enable Bria users to call or IM a contact with a single click, as well as expand or collapse their list to show more or less information about each contact.
- Ribbon for Microsoft Outlook®. Bria 3.2 includes a Ribbon for Microsoft Outlook® 2010, allowing users to place calls directly from their email accounts. The new integration features also include a contextual display of contacts in Outlook’s To-Do bar, providing quick access to Bria communications options.
- Company Chat Rooms. Bria now enables organizations to create their own chat rooms, providing employees and authorized external users, such as business partners, with a convenient new way to communicate, connect and collaborate.
- Improved User Interface. Bria 3.2 puts volume/mute controls, frequently used features and key information, such as status, all in a toolbar for convenient access.
- New Workgroup Management Options. Bria users now can manage workgroup functions and add or remove contacts to a workgroup directly from the contact list.
Current Bria 3.0 and 3.1 users will be automatically updated to Bria 3.2. Pricing for a single copy of Bria is $49.95, with additional volume pricing available. Bria is available in CounterPath’s online store at counterpath.com.
For more information about Bria, visit counterpath.com/bria.html.
CounterPath Corporation is an award-winning provider of innovative desktop and mobile VoIP software products and solutions. The Company’s product suite includes SIP-based softphones, server applications and Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC) solutions that enable service providers, enterprises and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) to cost-effectively integrate voice, video, presence and Instant Messaging (IM) applications into their VoIP offerings and extend functionality across both fixed and mobile networks.
CounterPath’s customers include some of the world’s largest telecommunications service providers and network equipment providers including AT&T, Verizon, BT (British Telecommunications PLC), mobilkom Austria, Avaya, Cisco Systems, Metaswitch Networks and Mitel.
For more information please visit counterpath.com.
Disclaimer: Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
CounterPath Media and Analyst Relations